I'm starting this new tradition in 2015, to help me keep a short(er) account of my blessings. The last Thursday of each month will be Thankful Thursday, and I will recap 5 specific things from that month that I am particularly thankful for.
-January 2015-
(1) I am thankful for the grace God gave me though my fast. 21 days is hard, but He is faithful to not only hear my grumbles, but help me turn them into His Own praises. I'm not sure what amazing things God will do in 2015, but I am prepared to thank Him through each day. I am thankful for the spirit of thankfulness He is cultivating in me, that I can remember to actually thank Him every single day. (Does that make sense?)
(2) I am thankful for God's provision. January has presented unique challenges- ones we weren't prepared to tackle. God has supplied us with everything that we have needed. He is True to His Word, and we are neither forgotten nor forsaken. Even when the numbers don't add up, and unexpected expenses pop up, God is in control and He works it all out.
(3) I am thankful for the time I have had this month to devote to friendship with my husband. The holiday madness is over, the routine is back in full swing, and his work schedule has started to flow without much ripple. God has blessed us with time to talk, run, and even watch a couple movies together without harsh words or the mention of work! After 5 straight years of promotional testing, this is a welcome change for us. We can sit back and enjoy the journey without fear, and without the added pressures that we too often assume. Thank You, Jesus!
(4) I am thankful for the lazy day. My kids and I stole a Sunday this month and observed a true Sabbath. We stayed home in our sweat pants, played board games and watched movies together. Sometimes we need to step out of the business of life, to enjoy everything God is doing in our lives. Our kids are growing so quickly, and if don't stop to enjoy each stage, I mean intentionally stop and make a memory, we will miss the sweet joys of childhood. I am thankful that my kids like being with me and enjoy talking to me. They are amazing blessings that I can forget to be thankful for, in the midst of juggling parenting responsibilities with chores and homework and sports and extra curriculars.
(5) I am thankful, completely and wholey thankful, that the principal of my kids' school is sold-out for God. I mean, really! I saw this man worshipping Jesus with outstretched arms, and it nearly brought me to tears. I know that my kids are being led and guided, at school, by people who are devoted to God. There is no better feeling in the world than knowing that when your kids aren't with you, they are still being influenced by anointed Spirit-led followers of the King of kings. I am so thankful that God made that possible. Continually, I thank Him for the blessing of the kids being at that school, and continually He shows me just what a blessing it is!

No comments:
Post a Comment