This is my street. I run, walk or drive down it every single day. I know how many houses are on this street, and I know how long it takes me to reach the end of the block. Today was foggy. But I went for a run anyways, because I know my street. I know where I am, and where I am going, even if I can't see my next step, even if I can't see what is coming.
When the fog rolls in, it is easy to be deceived because visibility is limited. Fear can creep in and suddenly, a road that you know may appear unfamiliar. This is how the enemy works. He clouds faith with doubt, which can turn into crippling fear- and all on a path that you KNOW!
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 reminds us that when we have faith, we can have an assurance about things we don't see. We must take the step, in faith. We may fall, but that doesn't mean we aren't on the path God has for us, and that doesn't mean He isn't there with us.
Faith can be scary. It is easy to get distracted by the enemy of our souls, who wants us to be disoriented and ineffective in our mission to bring God glory. But all it takes to have this assurance of faith, is trust. And trust is developed over time by building a relationship with God. Spending time in His Word, learning who He is, and discovering what path He wants to take us on.
Reflect on where you need to build your trust with God. Maybe you blame Him for a failure, a hurt, or an injustice. Maybe you question His complete love for you. Or maybe you just coast through life, content to control your own path.
Give God solid, distraction-free time in prayer, and ask Him to reveal where your faith is failing. Commit to spend time getting to know Him, and begin to build a relationship with Him. You'll find it's easier to trust Him, than not to.
When the fog lifts, and we look around, we may be surprised at where we allowed faith to take us!

No comments:
Post a Comment