Friday, January 9, 2015

...21-Day Fast, Day 9 insights...

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12

This morning, after eating some veggies yesterday, I went for a run. I am a runner. It is something that I absolutely loathe and love, simultaneously. I had been off the pavement for 4 weeks, due to vacations, trips, and holidays. Finally today, I had enough strength and nutrients in my body to run. And I thought a lot about this fast, about some recent unforeseen circumstances that have been stressful, and about my relationship with God. And this is what I have come up with: Grace is not reserved for God to impart only on me. It is by the Law of Grace that I live and move and breathe. Every person deserves the same grace from me, as I have been given by my gracious King, Jesus.
Whatever circumstances happen, they are not orchestrated by the people on earth, as it appears. The plight of a person who believes in the Risen Lord is not strictly manipulation by another, but a careful and deliberate attack on us from the "forces of wickedness in the heavenly places". 
Your husband is not the cause of your unhappy marriage. Your wife is not deliberately trying to sabotage your happiness. Your kids are not willfully attacking you. The enemy of your soul is using whatever medium he can, to get to you. To get under your skin, and tempt you. Tempt you to stop fasting, stop praying, stop seeking a deeper relationship with God. It is not coincidence that you are more attacked when you deliberately set out to get closer to The Lord. 
So... now we know the real root of the problem plaguing your health, your finances, your marriage, your family. How do we combat it? PRAY. Pray believing. Have full faith that the God who laid the foundations of the world, also knit you together in the secret place, and has a plan for your future. A plan that is only activated when you lay claim to it, hope in Jesus for it, and believe that God is True to His Word. Sometimes to keep believing is all we have. Sometimes we feel so close to Spiritual poverty, we wonder why it matters. BUT GOD. He is good. Press in deeper, my friend. He is Faithful. Give others grace, and walk in faith. He will do the rest. 
--Julie--

No comments:

Post a Comment