Sunday, January 18, 2015

...21-Day Fast, Day 18 insights...

"Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." 
Joel 2:12

Fasting is about complete and total surrender. It's about not holding anything back from God. Fasting is a way we can shed the desires for the comforts of food, and return our hearts to the pure and undiluted desire for God.
"Even now..." God's timeline surpasses our own. There is nothing that you or I have done, that we don't have time to repent for. If we are still breathing, we can return to The Lord. I don't know about you, but that is very comforting to me.  I cannot run away from God farther than His love can reach me and pull me back in. There is nothing that I can do(or say!) that would cause Him to love me more or less than He already does. There is no sin that the Blood of Jesus cannot cleanse. Isn't that amazing! What a loving God we serve!
Let's make these last few days count. Let us return to God with fervor. With weeping, for the grace He affords us, with love for a God who is Love, with fasting, and with mourning for not only how our foolish and sinful nature grieves God, but for the members of our family who don't know the redeeming love of Jesus.  
Let's fall on our faces, and return to Him Who sets us on the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment