Thursday, January 1, 2015

...21-Day Fast, Day 1 insights...

"Behold, I am doing a new thing, now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19
What a perfect way to start the 21-day fast! In this new year, 2015, God is going to do a new thing! He is going to release that blessing! He gives us some key insights into what the next 21 days will be like. ..."do you not perceive it" speaks to the clouded vision that we often have. We need this time of fasting for clarity. We need to see what God is doing in our lives and glorify Him. We need to understand that our discernment is a gift, but we must not just attempt to use it, but learn how (from God) and practice (seeking Godly counsel for agreement). 
We also learn from this passage of Scripture that God will make a way in the wilderness. I often compare my fasts to being in the wilderness, as Jesus was in the wilderness when He fasted for 40 days and was tempted. Sometimes it can seem like a desolate place, fasting. But! Oh, this is the key- GOD WILL MAKE A WAY! God will make a way! The path isn't defined. And you can only get through this wilderness by asking God to make a way for you and believing that He is the Way! And lastly, God will make rivers flow in the desert. I don't know about you but I have been in some pretty desolate places spiritually. My soul has felt dry like a desert. I have begged for the Living Water. As we fast, we can get easily discouraged if we don't focus on God. We can feel dry and parched. But this verse says that God will make rivers in the desert. He will spring forth in your soul like a river. His Living Water will be the source of your strength and ability to continue honoring Him during this time of fasting. 
Be encouraged and take heart! God is doing a new thing! I can't wait to hear from you what new thing God is doing in you and for you. 
--Julie--

No comments:

Post a Comment