Wednesday, January 14, 2015

...21-Day Fast, Day 14 insights...

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied" 
Matthew 5:6

As we close out this fast with the last 7 days, your focus should be on what you have been praying for, what you have been asking God to do, and how you are going to use what you have been learning from Him, to honor Him. 
This verse holds a promise that I personally keep before me at all times. When we hunger and thirst for more than food, when we long to be satisfied by God Almighty, Himself, we can rest assured that we will be satisfied. Doesn't that paint a beautiful picture of a gracious Savior? When we make Him our priority, our focus, and the object of our affection and praise, we will be satisfied. More than just a ceasing to the tummy grumbles. More than just a breakthrough in finances, hurts, addictions, or relationships. A deeper, eternal satisfaction that only He can provide. And one that we must position ourselves to receive, by directing our hunger and thirst to His will.
Today, I am looking forward to the rest of the year. I am poised and ready to receive direction. I am hungry for things this world and all of it's delicacies cannot satisfy. I am hungry for a revelation and fresh perspective from my God. Finish strong, friends. We are so near the end! 
Whether you have struggled, cheated, or fought not to give up, I challenge you to look ahead. To sanctify these last 7 days as days of specific effort, to honor God, by denying yourself, and following Him. 
I love you, and I am right here with you! 
To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment