What is wrong with this country?! What is wrong with people?! I am so tired of not being able to be proud of my husband. I can't tell many people what he does, I cant wear the "Police Wife" tee shirt, why???
Because it would make me a target? Though I am unafraid, if something were to happen to my husband or children.....let's not go there.
There is a certain mystique about LE. I get it. It's for safety. But why do jobs that are so cool you want to brag, have to require a level of anonymity? It is very frustrating. I know that what is on the internet is pretty much there to stay. And I know that just because there is a pic of my hubby in the newspaper, doesn't meant that I can share it with the world.
But who wouldn't be proud of someone who does all my super-cop hubby does?
Who wouldn't want to brag about the Black Pajama ops and K9 deploys and D-Tac moves he's taught me? Who wouldn't want to brag about winning competitions and major arrests?
Who doesn't need support, after hearing about the scum of the earth, the Chester victims, and the 187 victims? WHO?!?!
Who doesn't want to share such a big part of their lives with people that can relate, in a medium like a blog, where it can be told once, not rehashed on an individual basis?
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh- no one can relate to this post better than me... It can be so depressing... we always see trucks with fire fighter's stickers or plates, and think- "wow, that must be nice!" Everyone sees them as heroes, and I'm not saying they're not.. but police officers are just as much if not more. When I start to get on a role like this then I stop and wonder what Kevin must be thinking-- then I know I need to pray for him more that he won't let it get to him too much. It's just so frustrating!
ReplyDelete