I feel as though I have been running full-steam for weeks, and I have a few more days to go before I will get any rest at all.
Tomorrow is our family fun day. I have been begging, literally, to do something fun before I am out of commission. We should be finishing up our landscaping, and laying weed blocker, but I am landscaped-out. In fact, I am completely chored-out. So we are going to Yosemite National Park for a short day-trip tomorrow with some friends of ours. We are all taking our kids, so there won't be any hikes to half dome, but we should be able to get a look at Bridal Veil Falls, and check out the museums and Visitor's Center to stamp our National Parks passports. Yes, I have them. They are such a cool way to document what National Parks you've been to. And each of my kids has their own, so someday they can have something tangible from their childhood, besides miscellaneous drawings and a few pictures to remember stuff by.
(I will be posting pictures. I am so excited!)
Tuesday morning Kevin has to go out and finish fundraising. Ugh, don't get me started. Let's just say that I am soooooo glad next year is our LAST year in the k9 unit. Unless they promote Kevin out of the unit sooner. (doubtful)...
Wednesday Kevin has Black Pajama training all day, and I am driving down to have lunch with my Aunt Anna and cousin Rebekah in Modesto. Wednesday evening we have a Black Pajama BBQ and Kevin is being honored with his 5-year pin. It's exciting. He is so dedicated to his job and I am very proud of him. (I know you are reading this. 143.)
Thursday, in case you have missed me complaining about it for weeks, is THE day. Ugh. Say a prayer for me. I am nervous and honestly, a little scared. I know fear is not of the Lord, and I know I have nothing to worry about, but I think a few butterflies just can't be helped...
I probably won't be posting much the first couple days after.
Today sounds like so much fun I can't wait to see the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I know I keep saying not to be nervous and scared, but we both know it's natural. I'll be waiting for my text saying that all is well. Hang in there babe... it will be fine! Let go let God! xoxo
Hope you had fun in Yosemite! Please know that I am praying for you daily, and will be praying TONS extra Thursday! Everything will go fine, and yes- butterflies are allowed!!! Just know that God is with you always, and He's your protector and your strength!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Kevin for his 5 year pin. That's an amazing commitment-- and congrats to you, too- cause as I know, any commitment made by the hubbies requires the support of the wife!! (ESPECIALLY with children involved!) So, congrats to you both- that's really awesome.
ReplyDelete