Today I had my laparoscopy at St. Joseph's Outpatient Surgical Center. I went in at 8am and got called back to the pre-op room around 8:30am. The nurses were awesome and made me feel very comfortable and at ease. (Thanks in part to Dr. Hickox who let me take a Xanex at 7am). At about 9:55am they administered the "sick patch" behind my ear, and some of the drugs through the iv. I am a little fuzzy as to what happened after that. I remember being wheeled into the OR and seeing Dr. Hickox. And I remember someone sticking a mask on my face and telling my to breathe deeply. Then...OUT. I woke up a little less than 2 hours later, and my recovery was supprisingly quick. By 1:40pm I had my text messages sent out, and was on my way home.
Kevin told me that Dr. Hickox told him that I definately have Endometirosis but they were able to vaporize all of it. Most of it was on my right side, (which I knew - thats where all my pain was!) and there was some on my colon and rectum. Lovely. The doc also said that there is a 50% chance of it returning. On a side note, which I thought was weird, he told Kevin that I healed 'beautifully' from my 2 c-sections, considering I had them so close together.
Praise God for my wonderful husband. He was so diligent in keeping watch that he never even went to the bathroom. My parents and brother babysat the kids for us, which was awesome. They love Grammy and Poppy and Bubbo. We went straight there, so I could see my kids. I was moving suprisingly well. On our way home with the kids, we stopped at Jack-in-the-box and I got a chicken sandwhich and some french fries. I ate it all!!! Then I fell into a comatostic-ish nap and was completely out of it for about 2 hours. Now Im awake again and I feel pretty good. Kev went to pick up my meds (vicodin and motrin) and I think Im going to be going to bed early. hehehe.... The nurses also told me that the first 2 days would be the most painful.
I'm just moving slow and taking my time, listening to the doctors and not trying to over-do it. I wont be able to dirve for 2 weeks, until at least the 14th, when I have my post-op appt. I also can't lift either one of my kids, nor can I push a shopping cart or the stroller for 2 weeks. It is going to be interesting bacause my appt is the 14th of September, and Lodi's K9 trial is the 12th. I guess I'll just take it a day at a time and keep praising God for my healing and recovery.
*Thank-you to all of my friends who have prayed for me, and been so wonderful in supporting me and my family through all this. Erica, Kimber, Katrina, Carie (and Brad), Aunt Anna, Aunt Audra, Mom and Ralph, I have apreciated your prayers more than I can express. Kevin, thank you for being wonderful. 143.*
You are so welcome my friend!!! I didn't realize, or forgot maybe, that your procedure was at St. Joe's surgery center. I don't know if I ever told you, but I worked at St. Joe's for like 4 1/2 yrs. I worked in the surgery center for like a year straight (I would've been the one who checked you in with all the paperwork at the desk!). The people there are so awesome... good times. I miss it sometimes. :) Anyway, so glad you're doing so well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that everything went well. I was thankful to get my texts. More thankful that you were well. 143
ReplyDelete