A novel by Francine Rivers.
Loved it!
Read it in 34 hours.
The book is (in a nutshell) about a man who is told by God to marry a woman who is a prostitute. Much like Hosea and Gomer of the Bible. In fact, the name of the man is Michael Hosea. The woman is Sarah - who concieves with a barren womb.
It is a sobering reminder of God's forgiveness, patience and perfect love for us. His REDEMPTION. We must learn to forgive ourselves, before we can love someone completely and wholely- even if the person we think we love can see beyond our sins and love us.
I could see various stages of my life throught the book. No, I am not nor have a ever been a prostitute. But I played the run-away game with Kevin early on in our relationship. I wanted to see if he loved me enough to follow me, or come get me. Not like the character in the book, I never ran away to another city; and I would only 'run away' after an argument. No, I ran away to the couch. I have never done that because I felt unworthy -like Sarah in the book. Only because, like I said, my feelings were hurt and I wanted to see if he would even notice I wasn't in the bed. Needless to say, this never worked out for me, and now I lay in bed and pull all the covers off him and hit him with pillows - but that's a topic for another time.
I recommend the book, if you want an encouraging word of redemption, or if you enjoy a good romance novel.
No comments:
Post a Comment