Thursday, August 20, 2009

Landscaping Part 1

I haven't been posting a lot lately, because we've been tearing up our front yard over the past week. Literally. Our yard was SO embarassing. In some places the weeds were so high you'd expect to see an old rusted car on blocks amongst them. Im not kidding!! I didnt take any before pictures, but Ive got some of the progress. We still have a ways to go, but we are so very proud of what we have accomplished together, Kevin and I. We are excited at the prospect of getting things together over the next month, and having the yard pretty much finished! Yay!
Looking at the front half of our front yard, without the arbor.
Kevin and Justice preping the arbor for removal from original location. We didn't put it there - it was there when we moved in! Kevin taking out the bolts.. Do I have to explain why I like this picture? hehe.... Justice gave up arbor work and took up bubble blowing.
The kids got tired of Justice not producing enough bubbles fast enough, so I turned on the bubble machine. Kayden loved it!
With Justice and Bronx's supervision, Kevin and I got the arbor taken down!
We had to take a break in the day to take Justice to the doctor (her eye was really red and she had a little lump on her eyelid. It was a stye. Now it's all gone!). Kayden was entertained playing with Daddy's hat while waiting for the doc.
After Justice got her sucker for being a good patient we had to go to Lowe's to get some yard supplies including weedblocker, and quick cement and new brackets for the arbor, and a new tree! The kids LOVE "driving" the carts at Lowe's. Our friends came over to help, and I left the arbor moving - and measuring to the guys. I think it's gonna look great right there. See the little bush we planted last week? By next summer, it's going to be the same size as all the other bushes and it will look great!
Kevin cutting down a white birch tree that was near the house - I really DON'T like those trees! I am sooooo glad it's gone!
Shana and Kellen watching Kevin cut down the tree.
And where was Kayden during all the excitement? In the garage, playing with Daddy's tools, of course! Such a typical BOY!
After the brackets were set in the cement, we put up the arbor. It looks great!! I am sooo excited!
*Sorry the pictures arent the greatest quality - I took them all with my Blackberry!*

No comments:

Post a Comment