Thursday, August 20, 2009

Busy week ahead!

Phew! I am relieved that today is Thursday. I will be even more relieved if Kev can come home early tonight, and go in late tomorrow. We have soooo much to prep and chores to do to get ready for next Thursday. Coming home early means that if enough graveyard people show up for work, he can come home when they log on. Like 9pm. I cannot tell you how exciting that prospect is. More often than not we are disappointed to learn that someone on 'yard calls in (doesnt come to work), and Kev has to work the whole shift. Tomorrow Kevin works at 12-noon and is scheduled to get off at 10pm. (this is because we are attending a k9 trial in SF on Saturday and they give him an 8-hour rest period in between. Confusing, I know.. So he is hoping to get off work around 9pm tonight, and go in late tomorrow, around 4pm.
So, Saturday we are up and at it early, and on the road to SF for a k9 trial at 5am (not usually one of my favorite things) and Sunday Kev is back to work his regular shift.
Monday we are taking the day off from regular chores and landscaping, and going to Yosemite for the day with some friends. I am excited to take the kids - they will love it!
Tuesday we've got to make sure the house is clean and all the chores are done. Kev has Black-Pajama day on Wednesday (aka SWAT) and it is the yearly bbq, after training. Kevin is getting his 5 year pin at the bbq. SO proud of him. I cannot believe that he has been a member of the Black Pajama Club for 5 years already! Good job, hubby!!
Then there is Thursday the 27th..... ugh!

1 comment: