As I sat in the dark crying, wondering why it is so hard for anyone to love me - a profound thought emerged. It that what Jesus thinks? Is that how He feels? Does he feel abused by people who pretend to love Him on Sundays but curse His name during the week? Does Jesus long to tell people that He only wants to love them? To shake them and until they get it? That they don't have to do anything but open their hearts and love Him back? To accept His love?
I guess I don't see my tearful imaginings as a proclamation of self-pity. Of course I am not unloved! God met me on the couch and turned it into a wonderful opportunity to see Him. To maybe have a deeper understandng of His unfailing love for me.
I'm sure this is going to be one of the most interesting Sundays I've ever had, and I haven't even been to church yet!
You will be sooo blessed by this upcoming study on David. It speaks directly to the issues you described. So sorry you had to endure those feelings. Great to know that God can u se that to draw us to Him. We are His anointed, Sister!
ReplyDeleteGot your invite, and I'm here! Thanks for keeping me around as a reader :)
ReplyDelete