Sunday, January 1, 2012

...Welcome 2012...

My goal for 2012 is to BE BETTER. Be a better person. Love more, talk less. Listen more, stress less. Spread joy more, be angry less. Be more open and honest. Be less closed and vague. Speak truth in love. Show my kids
how to serve the Lord with selfless love, not obligation. Give. Bless. Edify. Love.

Each year, for the preceding 3, I have started the new year with a 3-week fast. I have always had a direction for my prayers, and a path for my petitions. This year, as I embark on this 21 day journey to fall deeper in love with the Lord, I will be praying for clear direction. I will journal and I will blog about this experience. I have prayed for breakthrough, for doors to be open, for financial liberation, and for family members to come to the cross and surrender. This year, I feel uncertain about what path I am called to pursue. I am standing on firm ground, with the Lord as my foundation, but the unknown and the future seems scary. I know that He is my hope and my future, but I want to leave a legacy with His thumbprint on this earth, and I want to end my life knowing that I followed Him.

Abba,
I praise You, Father. There are no words to describe just how in awe of You I am. You are so Good, Faithful and True. Thank You, God, for the privilege of being called a child of Yours. I love You!
Lord, I ask for Your direction. I ask for You to point me in the way You would have me go, that I may glorify You. As I humble myself in this flesh, and cling to Your sustenance, I pray that You would show me, plain as day and clear as crystal, Your plan for this stage of my life. Let Your will be done in me. Even as I am seated with You in Heaven, stir in me Your presence on earth. Let me feel Your comfort, Your peace, and Your hand holding mine as I walk down the path to righteousness.
I love YOU Lord, only YOU, Lord.
In the victorious Name about all Names, Christ Jesus.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment