Friday, January 13, 2012

...Strength...

Isaiah 40:28-31 NLT says, "...The Lord is the everlasting God. Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to the weak, and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired. Young men will fall from exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. The will walk and not faint."

It is not by our own power that we are strong, that we can run the race of endurance marked before us. But God. Through His power and strength alone, we can overcome. We can grow. We can thrive.

Lord.
You are an amazing God. You never cease to amaze me, and I thank You that I serve a big God. A capable God, and also a complex and mysterious God. How much more would I stumble if I knew what You know, O God...
May the strength that You pour out on me, bless You. May the power you entrust to me, lift You up. Thank You Lord, that You make me capable, complete, whole. I pray God that You will continually renew me. Renew a right Spirit within me. Give me the ability to run the race for Your glory.
Bless me as I serve You, that I can draw others nearer to You.
I love You, Lord. Only You, Lord.
In the merciful Name that is above all names, Christ Jesus.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment