Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whatever Happened to "Free Time" ?

As a fairly active mother of two, I must say that these past two weeks have been difficult. Not that life itself has been trying, it has just been difficult for me to keep up. I feel exhausted, overdrawn, and completely frazzled.
Yes, dear ones, this is exponentially different from any other time I label myself frazzled. What I'm talking about is this deep feeling of tired. So tired that I can barely get out of bed, go through my morning routine of kids dressed, fed, and out the door. So tired that by the time I get home from dropping off Justice from school, I am literally falling asleep. I am ready for a nap. I have absolutely NO clue where this is coming from!
Years ago, when I was a new mom, I battled Postpartum Depression. I had the same lethargy. But there is absolutely nothing in my life at this moment that I feel even slightly depressed about. I am just plain ole, flat out T-I-R-E-D!
I don't know that there has even been enough business in my life since my last post that can constitute my utter exhaustion. I have had two sick children, a special event at church, filed my taxes, attended 3 birthday parties with my family, started hosting a new Bible Study, started a second Bible study, attended a concert, a crab feed, and have taken a fun day-trip to Concord. Then there are the every day activities that include but are not limited to diaper changing, receipt filing, and schedule managing. I have taken everyone to their doctor appointments and spent every day until the 22nd fasting. On top of running and training for my 3rd Half Marathon. . .
OK, I see your point. I am a busy lady. But I just don't see how I can be THIS tired from the particular schedule I keep... That being said, I would like to share a little more about some of these comings-and-goings and less about me.
I apologize in advance for the pictures not being in chronological order!!

 Club 31 on Jan 15th at Bear Creek. 175 women strong!

 The beautiful Barbara Cameron was the Club 31 speaker in January. What a marvelous person she is!

 Barbara Cameron and I after the Club 31 event

 Kayden, Kevin and his cousin Tad Jan 16th. Kevin hadn't seen Tad in 7-8 years.

The Griffins, The Gomez', and us at the TobyMac Winter Wonder Slam concert at UC Davis. January 23

Brandon Heath. Jan 23

TobyMac. Jan 23

 
 Celebrating Grandma Great's 92nd Birthday. January 30.

 My family with Grandma Great.

 Grandma Great, my grandmother, and some of my cousins and I with our kids.

 The kids at the Olde San Francisco Creamery in Walnut Creek. Home of the famous Kitchen Sink. January 17.

 January 21... My poor sickie Kayden.

 The Packers are going to the SUPERBOWL!!!! We are one thrilled family! Jan 23

So this is a glimpse of some of the fun things that we have been up to. I'm sure I will have more to say later.... after a nap!

1 comment: