Friday, February 25, 2011

...Emotional...

I had a conversation, if you can call it that, via text, with a very dear friend of mine. (You know who you are, Sister!)
I learned that we all go through season of sowing. We pray and ask for things that we don't know if we want. Then we are blessed in abundance because we thought that we knew best. I had it SO wrong! I have learned that there is no such thing as 'fading to obscurity'. That the people behind the scenes have a great deal of responsibility, and that everyone who has their hands in a project will reap the rewards. I learned that I do not have to be standing in the limelight to be recognized as the person God created me to be. The very person Christ died for. (Just as YOU are, dear reader!)
So, anyway, I don't know why I broke down and cried. This friend, she was surely sent by God Himself to be my Johnathan. To encourage me in Christ. (See 1 Sam 23:16). Finally, years of prayer for someone to understand what I am going through, someone to "get" me, and someone to relate to, have been answered in this beautiful package of a woman.
I am not saying that I don't have any other friends. My husband is my best friend, and there is none I would rather travel this road of life with. I am saying that God, the Orchestrator of Forever has given me the precious blessing of a friend in a wonderful woman who knows what I am going through as a wife, a mother, and a servant.
Even as the tears of relief continue to fall, my this prayer be like a sweet offering to the Lord.

God, You are so awesome! You know what I needed without me being able to express it.
Thank You, Lord for seeing the desires of my heart, and finding the longing I tried to keep hidden. Your perfect Word tells me that I am complete in You. And that without You, I am not really me. You give me identity and purpose.
I pray you would bless the works of my hands, God. I pray that you would use me to get this service project off the ground. I pray that you would bring volunteers in droves to ease the burden, many hands make the load light. Teach me to always give the yoke to You, Lord. I know that Your yoke is easy and Your burden light. Help remind me that I never have to do anything alone, or apart from You.
 Thank You for the blessing of Your Holy Spirit, for the discernment that You continually grant me, and for the hunger that is always unquelched in my soul to know You more.
Thank You for my friend. I so appreciate her gentle ways and her strength in You. Your ways are perfect, O Lord, Your timing impeccable. Thank You for sending my this encouragement. Thank You for molding me to be a friend in You for her also. You never cease to amaze me, and I am so grateful.
Thank You, Lord. Thank You a million times more than my lips have the energy to say. Thank You.
In the merciful name of Christ the Savior,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment