As women we are all vaguely similar. But for some reason unbeknownst to me, we discredit ourselves or others. We are our own worst enemies and fight with eachother no for good reason. We feel threatened by eachother and we try to impress eachother. As women, I think we need to bond together. To share life's joys and mireries in communion. I believe God intended us all to get along. He wove our heartstings together.
I was channel surfing today and I stopped on some random cable channel featuring a reality show. I recognized Tori Spelling and her husband. The show was about their lives, and the cameras followed Tori to the hospital, where she planned to have a c-section and give birth to her 2nd child.
At one point, the doctor came into the room and told her she was going to have to walk to the O.R.. Over the next few minutes, Tori had an emotional breakdown and began sobbing. She was afraid and anxious. Immediately, I felt her pain. It was just (nearly) 3 short years ago I was going through the same thing. I felt those fears, those anxieties, those reservations. I trembled, I cried, and I walked myself down the hall to the O.R.. I waited, for what seemed like hours, strapped down and behind a curtain. I couldnt see what was going on. I felt helpless as my team of Doctors and nurses tried to calm my high blood pressure to deliver my son safely.
So hours after the show ended, God gave me this idea. To write about this singular commonality with women: there is something, some -maybe one- idea, feeling or circumstance that ties us each to one another. Though we may only see that we are women, I am convinced there is more than just our sex.
I think that though each of our stories is unique, we as women all share a commonality. It may not be that every woman experiences childbirth this way. But it may be that you love someone who is BiPolar. I do. It may be that you married an only child. I did, and let me tell you, I would LOVE to share with you over a cup of coffee any time!! (I wonder if your mother-in-law is as much of a character as mine is?)
It may be that you and I come from different backgrounds with entirely different family dynamics. But I believe that God has woven into us a complete and whole ability to empathize with eachother for nothing other than the commradorie. The feeling of not going through life alone, even with Him. Does that make sense?
If you would like to chat, or need someone to reach out to, feel free to email me.
I may not understand everything that you are going through, but I can promise that I am a good listener and would love to know how I can pray for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment