Wednesday, February 2, 2011

K-Love's Contest

Here is my 250-word synopsis of our love story -if you can call it that:

Kevin and I met when he was a cadet in the police academy, and I was a cadet with the local police department. We were role-playing during a training scenario, where Kevin was a "bad-guy" and I was a "victim". Over the course of the scenario, he stepped on my hand! It hurt bad, but I let it go, determined to never see him again. But I couldn't stop thinking about him, and a couple months later he got hired at the same police department! We had a working relationship, but I secretly was in love. We succeeded at avoiding each other for months until he responded to an alarm call at a gym I worked at. That was 7 years ago, and we have been together ever since, married for 5 years this April. We have two beautiful children.


We put God first, and have made sacrifices to honor Him above all. I quit the police academy when we found out we were pregnant with baby #1, and have never looked back. God has taught us to depend on Him, and each other. We have been through so much together; dealing with estranged family, my bi-polar brother's suicide attempts, a miscarriage, loss of income and looming foreclosure. God has a plan. We serve together in our home church and are raising our children to serve God. I wake up every morning grateful for my best friend, and the opportunity to be obedient to God in this covenant of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment