Friday, July 3, 2009

for my fellow readaholics:

I just finished an AMAZING book by Jentezen Franklin... "RIGHT PEOPLE-RIGHT PLACE-RIGHT PLAN" about discerning the Voice of God. Amazing! I want to encourage everyone to read this book. It touches you, no matter the season of life you are in. I think one of the most dramatic points that is resinating with me is this: (paraphrased) God's Voice is still and small, like a moth, until it becomes absolutely necessary for Him to roar like a Lion to get your attention".. Did I mention that this book was amazing?! It breaks down the importance of having a discerning spirit in almost every situation you can think of; from marriage, to parenthood, from personal situations to ministering to others.
Thanks, Carie. I'm going to go buy my own copy now and make Kev read it! :)
I am also on book #6 of the 7-book series by Neta Jackson. The Yada Yada Prayer Group is Christian fiction and an easy read, but it's so relatable (I hope that's a word). I can't wait to be finished with the series. The books are dont-want-to-put-them-down addicting. I HAVE to know what happends next. Books 1-5 bring the timeline to 1 year, but suprisingly there is enough drama between 12 woman and their families that you won't get bored!
So let me know if you've read them or you are reading them. I'd love to know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment