Friday, July 17, 2009

Monster In-Law FOR REAL!!!

The beginning seems like a natural place for this story of greed, deception and heartache to unfold. Let me start off by saying that I have never liked this woman. We have never gotten along, and if you continue to read on, you won't blame me for the blatant rude comments about her. I first met her at a city council meeting honoring K (my then-boyfriend) as a life saver. We had been dating exclusively for a few months already and I was practically living with him! She walked up to where K and I were standing, and tried to nudge me out of the way to tell him about "this nice girl I think you would get along great with". Ggrrr. But whatever. I wasn't worried about that. Like I said, we were already pretty serious. I'm pretty easy going and I get along well with most people, despite being a self-proclaimed 'introvert' (to put it nicely). Something about her just rubbed me wrong. I was raised with basic moral principles; don't lie, steal or cheat, and don't associate yourself with those that do. So as K and I began to get more serious, she became more of a pain. No, not the gentle pain of a headache after a staring contest with the computer screen, I'm talking full-blown migraine. And she just wouldn't leave us alone. She had to involve herself in all aspects of K's life and it got annoying pretty quick. Seriously, I am amazed we had any time at all to be "in-love" (kwim?), between her million-times-a-day phone calls and her frequent pop-ins to our house. But we did and I got pregnant (for full details see the blog about my Justice). I guess that's when her world fell apart. K and I decided to do right by our child, and by God, and get married. She even HAD to go with my mom and I to pick out MY wedding dress! She was involved in basically all the planning and it became a circus. Nothing was how I wanted it. (Except the pew bows, thanks, Mom!) But I was 37 weeks pregnant, so I wrote my pickiness and complaining off as hormones. WRONG. Hindsight is always 20/20. I didn't get much of what I wanted for my wedding ceremony (again, praise God for my mom who stood up for me and my pew bows)! And now its gone, only to happen to this woman once in a lifetime. Ok. So she even has to pick where we honeymoon-that we went on a year later. 12 days after we said "I do" we said "hello" to baby girl Justice. And she immediately took control. She had to buy this and that and whatever for Jus and even asked me to pump a couple bottles of breastmilk to keep at her house! Eew! No! All this time she is opening credit cards in her name and in her (now ex-) husband's name and even K's name. Totaling over $400,000 in debt! And, she'd been telling us all she was "dying from cancer". (Back story: in early 2003 she had her thyroid removed and was given an unheard of 95% prognosis for full recovery. According to her cancer doc who testified in court, she's been cancer free since then). What a lying, conniving woman, right? She took the lie of "dying" so far, she made K go with her to the cemetery to pick her plot! So, now, she won't wear the same outfit twice, and has to have the best of everything. So... We've since found out that it was more people she was scamming, from the travel agency that she owned, and the total she scammed is much much higher. She needs help! After a while of everything being her way, we stopped most contact. She was allowed to come around occasionally, to see Jus. I felt guilty, but God was telling me to be on guard. For good reason! After I had Kayd, she only saw him twice. Once while I was in the hospital, and once at church on the day of his dedication. When the DA filed charges, and court proceedings stared for all her scamming, K tried to be a good son and tell her how things work. Ugh! She actually told her son, to his face, "I want nothing to do with you". What kind of a mother is that??? She was finally tried in a court of law and a jury found her guilty of 13 felonies. She was, to the relief of all her victims, finally booked into jail, sentenced to 5 years 4 months. FINALLY, at long last, she was sent to VSPW in Chowchilla, where she will most likely serve 2 years of the sentence before being paroled. We haven't heard from, seen, or talked to this woman in over a year. Thank God! She was still lying to people up until she was taken out of court in handcuffs. She perjured herself on the stand, and make a mockery of K to his grandmother -her mom- when he was forced to testify against his mother. Yeah, she is a piece of work! I think that about covers it. The basics, anyways.
Here are the links for the various articles that appeared in our local newspaper - much to the embarassment of K and our family:
(sorted by date, oldest first. Newest last.)

No comments:

Post a Comment