After some pretty intense drama on Thursday and Friday with my brother, I decided to keep the 4th pretty low-key since dear husband worked 'Lake Patrol' for 10 hours...
(Justice did all the scooping - it's ok that they're lopsided. She ate them anyway!)Justice and I made "Birthday Cookies for America", complete with chocolate chips and m&m's, while Kayden took his nap. Then we went to Grammy and Poppy's house and put up our pool-thing to play in.
(Poppy taught Jus how to stick her fingers in the holes. She thought it was hilarious.)
(I'd LOVE to know what she's thinking sometimes.)
(My man is SO STINKIN CUTE with his belly and red curly hair.)

After a great dinner of hamgurgers, fries and corn on the cob (how much more American can you get?! - Thanks, Mom!) the kids and I drove down to Riverbank to my Aunt's house. We got to watch my cousins set off some firecrackers (and light some on fire).
Justice even got to hold her first sparkler.
It was such a great time, we got to chat and munch on some homemade apple bars and watermelon. Rebekah was able to come out and even light some sparlers with Justice, crutches and all!
All in all, it was a great time and hopefully we can join them again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment