Kevin went to the CATO (California Association of Tactical Officers) confrence in San Diego. He set out on Sunday evening for the 469.4 mile drive down there.
He decided, since he and the Sgt he went with had their own rooms, that the kids and I should go down there. So Monday (after an all too short visit with Aunt Anna in Modesto) the kids and I set out on an adventure. We left at about 4pm, and got down there just before 11pm. The drive was pretty quick and we had to stop once for fuel, once for Justice to go potty, and once to go through Wendy's drive through to get the kids some fries.
The sunset on the drive down to San Diego
Tuesday I decided to take the kids to the San Deigo Zoo. We saw some cool animals, and that's where Justice got "Roger" her stuffed giraffe. The kids got bored after a few hours, and we went back to the room for naps. After Kayden woke up, we went across the way to a huge open-air mall. We had fun checking out the 3-story Old Navy store, and I ended up getting the kids a few things.
Tuesday night we went to Cheesecake Factory with Kevin for dinner. It was yummy.
Justice checking out the view from out 4th floor room.
Justice did NOT want to give the mama lion a high-five on the glass.
My babies with a life-sized baby elephant statue.
The beautiful sunset over San Diego. Thank You, God.
Wednesday I took the kids to the Wild Animal Park where we went on Safari. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast, and Justice got a stuffed zebra to go with Roger. Kayden got his own giraffe, though its not stuffed like Justice's. We rode the carousel (Kayden's first time) and hung out all day long.
Wednesday night the 4 of us went to Dave and Busters, and Justice had a blast winning tickets. She turned in over 400 of them, and got a pink stuffed Scooby Doo.
The kids and I. We had fun making memories - even if they are memories I will have to save for them.
Kayden and Justice all set for our safari.
Justice showing "Roger" where his parents live. The imagination of a 3-year-old is a marvelous thing!
"Roger's mommy and daddy and brudder"
The kids on the carousel ride.
The animal park wore the kids out!
Thursday we drove home. In record time! Still didnt have to stop much, and though Justice got sick, we were home in less than 7.5 hours. Kevin left for home, after the confrence ended around noon. (He didnt make it home as quick as we did).
We are recovering and finishing up on laundry yesterday and today. Tomorrow we are looking forward to church and class 201!
Looks like you had a fun trip! Gotta love impromptu! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHow fun-- I had no idea you guys got to do all that while you were there.. I'm so jealous! Always wanted to go there to the zoo and animal park! Some day... ;)
ReplyDelete