Wednesday, May 4, 2011

...Hearing God's Voice...

Sprinkled amongst the business these past 5 weeks, I have had precious little time to seek guidance from The Ultimate Counselor. I've been learning how to stop, be still, and listen to Him speak to me. It's been an awesome experience, and a challenge. The first key to hearing the voice of God flow within your heart is to be still. Anyone with at least one small child knows what a difficulty this task can be. But I am realizing that the house doesn't have to be quiet for my soul to be. Chaos can be raging, but I can purpose to be still. As I have learned to empower the Holy Sprit within me, I have gained much insight to my own fleshly existence.

One such encounter with the Creator went like this:
*April 27, 2011*
I pictured myself walking along the Sea of Galilee with Jesus. I saw Him cup my face in His hands and heard Him say "I love you. I am your Comfort. When you feel at peace, I have My arms around you."
I said to Him, "help me, Lord, to overcome my craving to dominate every meeting with You with words. Help me to just revel in Your presence."
And He replied, "you may think that you understand that I love you, but it is more than just trying to convince your mind. Believe. Faith comes from trust. Trust Me ni your heart. I KNOW. There is nothing you can hide. There is nothing I don't see. You can relax. You can breathe. You can rest. You can lose your grip on what you think reality is, and let Me live out my purpose for you through you. Just serve Me. You don't have to defend yourself on account of Me. Just follow Me. Trust that I am leading you exactly where I want you. Give it to Me. Are you still trying to impress people?"
At this point, I inturrupted Him, "God, why do You give me the chance to answer when You already know my heart?"
He responded, "I choose to. This is a two-way relationship. Proof your thoughts are your own, and these words are from Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment