So I had this post all pre-written and ready to type up and post, when a sudden (spontaneous!! lol <- for my Wed. morn class peeps!) thought came to mind. Well, not really A thought, as in one singular idea, but rather a series of thoughts about a singular topic. Loss.
My very dear friend and confidant lost one of her fur-children a week ago. Saturday we went to a memorial service for my great-great Uncle Paul, who died last week. And today, our friend Carlos' K9 partner Bogey lost his battle with cancer. I am saddened by so much loss, and really irked that we have to experience loss in the first place.
I know the story of sin, of the fall of man, and of our own every day struggles to live a life worthy of the Salvation that Christ so freely pours out - BUT- why the 'loss' ? Why must this earthly existence be plagued by the empty and hallow feeling that comes from losing something that we love, cherish, or depend on?
Heavenly Father.......Abba.......
Oh, Lord, how I long to hear your words of comfort. Rush in like a flood, Almighty. Rain down Your love on the parched heart that seeks You.
No comments:
Post a Comment