Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thanks To Everyone!

Of all the flowers and cards that my gracious and loving friends have given/sent, I think the most unique plant is this one. It is just an ornamental pepper plant, but it is truly amazing to look at! Maleia and Shannon, some friends of mine from days of yore, stopped by for a surprise visit on Saturday. It was great to see them and hang out for a bit. Justice loved playing with Lily, Maleia's beautiful little girl. This plant suits me (it loves dryness and sun -i.e. hard to kill) and I enjoy looking at it. It is a reminder that something can be different and interesting still fit in in God's earth. Hhmm.... *wink*
Of all the generous gifts, the Hess' brought us dinner Monday night. Katrina made chicken feduccine alfredo, salad, and (mmmm-mmmmm) apple pie. And bonus: they stayed for Rockband! It was so nice to hang out and get to know them better. They are amazing people, Katrina and Kevin. Their sons are adorable and my kids love playing with them. They are all relatively close in age, so that makes it nice. And my Kevin and Kevin Hess do the same work. We have so much in common! It is great to have friends who "get" where you're at - if you know what I mean?
I can't mention gifts without saying thanks to Kimber and Erica for my box of goodies. Only a PW and true friend would know what would cheer me up so well. Thanks, from the bottom of my "heart". (I'll get you both back, you can count on it!)
I also got a Get Well Soon card from my Bible Study group, which made me smile. The Brucias brought me a nice daisy plant (my fave) to go with my relandscaped/in-the-process-of-being-finished front yard. Perfect!
I also got a pretty flower arrangement from First Baptist. I wish I knew who I could call and thank! Pink is my favorite color!

1 comment: