The blogging community seems to be buzzing about Obama's address to public school children slated for September 8th. I must admit that I am a little confused. I think that the question at the forefront of my mind is: Why is the President going to address pre K-12th grade students? I understand that Presidents Ronald Reagan and George Bush gave nationally televised address to students. But why now? Why again? What possibly does he have to say? And... would I want my children to hear it??
Don't get me wrong, I do not believe that Obama is the Antichrist. But I also do not believe that he is a good man, with traditional Christian values - and that scares me. I haven't seen yet where parents have the right to opt their children OUT of watching the address. That also concerns me. Why can't this address be a televised-in-the-evening type of thing, where parents have a firm grip on their children, and the opportunity to filter what is said through their own standards/beliefs? I feel like this is an evasive attack on the nation's children. Something about the whole thing just doesn't feel right to me.
Well, maybe this whole thing doesn't make sense, and maybe neither does this post. But there is my own 2 cents. Take it or leave it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment