Friday, September 18, 2009

Prayer Warrior

It means different things to different people. To me, the essence of a Prayer Warrior resonates in someone who loves to pray. Someone who takes makes many opportunities throughout the day (and night) to pray.

I have never concidered myself to be a 'warrior' for prayer, but lately I have found myself on my knees a lot more.
A good friend of mine is sick. Without going in to details, this woman is amazing. She battles illness on a daily basis, but now she has more health issues. It is frustrating that she lives so far away. I hurt that she hurts.
An Aunt of mine found a lump. Yes, ladies, in the place where all of us dread finding a lump, my aunt found one. She doesnt know much yet, and has a mamogram on 10/1. Im hoping to report that it is nothing at that time.
Another childhood friend has polycystic ovarian disease and it's pretty scary. A good friend, who was the pregnant Matron of Honor at my wedding is now getting a divorce. They have 2 small boys, and it is sad.
My FIL seems to be on the attack lately, being an all-around jerk, and it adds to the state of constant stress I live in.
Kevin is going to a school in San Diego for 5 days at the end of the month. As if it's not bad enough that I have to be a married-single parent while he is home, he is going to be gone for 5 days (3 of which are his regular days off, which is why this is going to be difficult)!
So given these circumstances, I have turned back to doing the only thing that seems to make complete sence: praying. Not that I would consider myself a prayer warrior...yet. But there is always room for improvement.
*lightbulb! Maybe my purpose through all these circumstances is to learn how to pray better? To learn how to become a prayer warrior......hhhmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment