Thursday, June 23, 2011

...Twenty.Seven...

Thankfully my birthday passed by without much fanfare. I don't usually appreciate the celebration of my ascent I to oblivion. I cannot believe that I am now 27 years old. It seems the number of my years are unreflective of the life I have managed to squeeze into them.
I have laughed, cried and rolled my eyes through much of the past. I have been on countless adventures in many countries. I have exploited my youth with reckless abandon, only to earn the grey hairs that appear on my head.

I decided to compile a list of the top one or two things for each year that I have lived:
1984- obviously, I was born
1985- my dad returned from Germany, and we moved to Lodi.
1986-  age 2
1987- age 3
1988- age 4
1989- just one day after my birthday, my mom had my brother. 5 years and 1 day apart in age. I don't know if I would have considered Ryan's birth a 'highlight' at the time... I also started Kindergarten.
1990- first grade
1991- second grade
1992- third grade
1993- I broke my arm for the first time on the uneven bars, in fourth grade. Complete compound fracture. It was so badly dislocated, they had to put me out in the ER to reset it.
1994- fifth grade.
1995- sixth grade.
1996- broke my right wrist this time, running on the blacktop in PE, in seventh grade.
1997- eighth grade.
1998- lost my Bubba but got our first dog, Maxine! Played freshman volleyball for LHS. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore vacation.
1999- broke my left ankle, had to have pin put in. I can still tell when it's going to rain!
2000- became an Explorer with LPD. I met Kevin, who I hated at the time, but grew to long for, lust after, and eventually love.
2001- spent the year tormenting Kevin and writing 180's for Tod.
2002- I graduated high school and went on my East Coast trek with my favorite Aunt. Lost my Grandpa. Turned 18!
2003- took classes at Delta and worked 3 jobs.
2004- August 17, FINALLY started dating Kevin. Started attending church regularly.
2005- traveled all over Europe. Went on an Alaskian cruise. Turned 21 and started police academy.
2006- Quit academy, got married and had baby #1- all in 6 weeks time!
2007- miscarriage rocked my world.
2008- welcomed baby #2 to the family. Baptized.
2009-first of Endo surgeries. Joined BCCC family. Grand Canyon, Canada, Washington vacations.
2010- started running again. Completed first Half Marathon (and second!) God opened many doors to Ministry. Graduated FPU and lost our home.
2011- sheesh....... Where do I begin?!  Endo surgery #2, Hysterectomy. Adopted Joan and Pat. Started Treasure Box @ BCCC...

Holy God,
You are Mighty to Save. You rescued me from the pit of sin and set my feel on the path of righteousness. You are Graceous.
Thank You, Abba, for Your comfort and peace. For holding me through the best and worst of times. For lifting me up, for sancifying me, for pouring out the Blood of Your Son to spare the life of this girl, humbled and exhalted to be called a Daughter of the Most High.
You are Good. You are Faithful. You are so much more than 'Just' because You spare me from the "justice" my sin deserves.
Praise Your Mighty Name!
For each year that I am blessed to serve You in this flesh, allow me to continue to grow. To Glorify You. To Magnify Your Holy Name.
You are the Provider, the Healer, the One True God.
I know that I can call out to You, You will always and forever be within reach.
I love You above all, and I live to serve YOU alone.
Thank You, for each new day, each season, and each year. At the end of my days on this earth, may I be so blessed to hear those awesome words: well done. All for Your glory.
In Christ' Name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment