Monday, June 13, 2011

...164 down and 200 to go...

2011 is almost halfway over!!!
(actually halfway is July 1st/2nd)
As I journeyed back in time to reread my very first post of the year, I was struck with conviction. "Going Forward" was the resloute theme I envisioned myself carrying-out this year. I have pause to reflect on whether I am indeed fulfilling the premise I laid out. I am unsure if forward is the direction that I am headed in, or if I am just spinning in circles much of the time. (that's kinda what it feels like).
This year I have overcome some obstacles in the area of health, and June 30th will mark my second surgery of 2011 for the plaguing issues. I have battled hormonal and weight issues, and have (for the most part) been victorious through Christ.
I have made lasting bonds with friends, who have become a surrogate family.
I have cried. I have mourned. I have had good days and bad. I have laughed. I have sung. And I have poured my life into my husband and children, knowing that no time on earth is promised.
I have clung to my Savior, despirately hoping that through it all, I will have gained some iota of insight into His heart.
I have journeyed through the Bible, learning more about David than I ever imagined I would. I also made it through Revelation, and what a road that was to travel! I have bonded with women in small groups, and I have learned the keys to hearing God's voice. I journal now, quite frequently.
I have moved from the realm of babyhood, to the pasture of big-kid land; Justice is now out of PreK (Kindergarten starts 8/1) and Kayden is thisclose to being out of those Pull-Ups and into big boy chonies. It is bittersweet, but I guess it counts as forward.

 I hope that this blog has reflected me, wholey and imperfectly.
I am reluctant to promise that the latter half of 2011 will reflect my 'goings forward'. But I will continue to follow where the Spirit leads, and I am positive that is the best direction.
My prayer is that I have somehow shared authentically, my love affair with God, and my dependance on Christ the Redeemer. Praise the Lord if I have, and if not.... well..... He has the power to use anything for His glory and purpose.
 I am obedient to put out into cyberspace what He calls me to, and He is Faithful.
Somewhere, someday, He will use my words to reach someone. Or maybe this is just for me.
Either way, every way and any way; TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment