Thursday, March 24th, 2011 I had my second laparoscopy in 18 months. Dr. Hickox performed the surgery, again, and was able to vaporize all of my endometriosis. I will find out more at my official post-op, but the Dr told Kevin that I had quite a bit of endo again, and this time it was wrapped around my pelvis. There was also a considerable amount on my right side and again on my rectum. I was a little nervous going into the OR, but was quickly put to sleep with Everlasting God on repeat in my mind.
I believed I was healed, and struggled when they told me "the Dr. got it all." ..... 'Got it all, what?' I wondered. I felt that sinking feeling that perhaps my faith just isn't as strong as it needs to be to believe one is healed. Thursday evening, I noticed that the lower right incision has been bleeding a little, so Kevin put a Band Aid over the top of the old one, just in case the bleeding got a little worse. Nothing could prepare me for how 'worse' it got.
Friday. I don't think that I have ever been that scared. I woke up early Friday morning to being covered in blood. I mean full-on covered. I soaked my pants, tank-top, tee-shirt and sweatshirt with blood. My husband rushed me to the ER at 5:30am to have this bleeding problem checked out. (Which turned out to be a clot the size of a pea holding an incision open, creating a blood clot nearly the size of my iphone!) The ER Dr removed the clots and put another stitch in the incision, to keep another clot from forming there. He also told me that he did not feel comfortable checking for any internal problems, that I was going to have to contact Dr. Hickox.
So I did. I met him at his office at 9am and he was able to make sure I had no hematoma or internal bleeding. Praise God, I had none. So I headed home to process all this. I have never had complications. I have never been so worried or scared. And I have ever seen Kevin so worried.
Here is a picture of what a laparoscopy could look like.
The outpouring of love from my Church family is amazing. I wish I could thank each of you for your prayers, calls, texts, and love.I hope to be up and moving a little more today, at least enough to get to Zion Church, to pick up our Treasure Boxes and to scope out their set-up. (hehehe)

No comments:
Post a Comment