Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I realized earlier this week, during conversation with co-laborers, that I have that same have-it-your-way, do-what-you-please, 'everything needs to fit my ideals' attitude. I've been douped by Satan into thinking that corporate worship should fit my style. 
It hasn't become more about "church"- it is still all about relationship for me. 
But I have the mentality that corporate worship should serve my need, and not the greater purpose. I am not the representative for a demographic. I am the hands and feet of Christ. I am representative of His ideals, His plans, His style, His standards, His will. I just need to live from the perspective that it is all about service. Me for Him. Not them for me. 
Life needs to involve those conversations with my brothers and sisters in Christ that lead to deeper self-reflection, deeper devotion, that spur me, challenge me, and inspire me to hunger more passionately for God's will. I want my heart to break for the things that break Christ's heart. I want to be elated with His victories. I want to be broken and poured out. I want to magnify HIM above self. Above all. 
For the glory of Him who made me, Who's image I represent. 
If I am constantly seeking to be served, do I ever take root enough in a ministry or with people that can generate these vital chats?! That does not come out of this journey-type attitude where I go looking for that place that hits every need I think I have on the bulls-eye. I need to stay where I am, and serve until my hands fall off and God calls me home. 
So to those precious few that spur me and challenge me: your insights and heart for God have impacted me in such a way that I will never be the same. Thank you for your time and your love. I appreciate you. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment