Hi
everyone!
Since I
haven't had the time to blog lately, I figured I would send a quick update and
let you know about the goings-on of the Kent family lately..
Justice
promoted from Kindergarten back in May with amazing grades (26 O's and 2 S's).
Kayden promotes to the next pre-Kindergarten class and is light years ahead of
every other 4-year old. His vocabulary is ever growing and his latest obsession
involves paleontology (yes, he knows what it means and will gladly talk your
ear off about dinosaurs for hours!)
Justice is finishing up her first season of softball. She likes it,
partly because there is little-to-zero physical contact. She is pretty good at
hitting the ball off the machine, and plays 3rd base. Just before school ended,
Justice played in her first piano recital! She played Aloutte and Happy
Birthday. We are continuing lessons with the same teacher though the summer.
Kayden just wrapped up his first season on Tot T-Ball. It was fun to see him
get involved in team-play. Tot-soccer didn't engage him as much. Both the kids
has competed in a few of the kids fun runs, since Justice's win back in March.. Today, both kids ran in the Mickey Grove Zoo Zoom kids
races, and were both on live TV! Kayden actually was interviewed by Alan
Sanchez of Good Day Sacramento! (thank goodness Kevin was home to DVR it so
we could see!)
Kevin is
back on patrol working graveyard, after his short stint as an SRO, and is busy
as ever with SWAT, Cadets (he is an Advisor) and being the Police Officer's
Association of Lodi VP, currently negotiating their contracts.. He recently
passed the test to promote to Sergeant and will interview on my birthday!
...Prayers for favor are appreciated...
I have
been running, though not as much as I would like. Kevin and I completed our
first mud run together in April, and will run another one together on the 16th.
This is one of the most fun things we have found to do together, and I don't
even mind the mud!
I am also
serving in abundance at our church. I am the administrative assistant for both
the Pastor of Student Ministries, as well as the Health and Fitness Pastor. I
am also very involved at the kids' school, and was voted this upcoming year's
PTL (parent-teacher league) President. I was Secretary last year, and I
co-chaired the main fundraiser, which I will also do this year again. I will
also teach this year again at our church's VBS, doing the Community Service
class.
It seems
between sports and church, work and school, we hardly spend time at home.
But we
find time to connect and have fun together.
Hopefully
I can get back to regular blogging soon!
Until
then,
 |
| Some pics from the Survivor Mud Run 4/22/12 |
 |
| Justice playing at her recital 5/11/12 |
 |
| Jus pre-recital 5/11/12 |
 |
| Justice running in the 35m Dash at the all-Lutheran schools League Track Meet 5/19/12 |
 |
| Here is us running the Star6 5K 5/27/12 |
 |
| post-run at the Star6 5K on 5/27/12 |
 |
| some pics from our adventure on the Delta to see the Mothball Fleet 6/1/12 |
 |
| Kayden and Justice in their 'ball-playin gear. |
 |
| Justice and Kayden in the "jail" at Pinky's Patrol booth at the 2012 Lodi Relay For Life. We walked laps together in our Western-wear for an hour to honor those we have lost to Cancer. 6/2/12 |
 |
| 6/3/12 My mom and I went to see Natalie Grant in concert at FBC Lodi. It was awesome! |
 |
| Justice's 2012 U6 Softball Pics. Go, TinGrins! |
 |
| Justice post Zoo Zoom 6/10/12 |
 |
| Kayden post Zoo Zoom 6/10/12 |
 |
| Kayden and Good Day Sacramento's Alan Sanchez at Zoo Zoom 6/10/12 |
 |
| Kayden's 2012 Soccer picture.. |
No comments:
Post a Comment