Why don't people who "believe in God" go to church?
I have asked nearly a hundred people this question, "if you believe in God, why not go to church?"
The answers were completely shocking, and fairly uniform.
It all boils down to one basic thing: church today isn't relevant.
To everything there is a season. But I do not believe that "growth" is a season. You are either growing, or you are dying. There is no such thing as a 'stagnant' relationship with God. If you aren't growing closer to Him, you are falling away.
Jesus is relevant today. He was relevant yesterday and He will remain relevant tomorrow.
The issue that I see, is that churches are not getting IN the world, to reach the people. They are distancing themselves from the world, making it all the more difficult admit sin, and to realte to a culture crying out for Jesus.
Everything in media is pointing to the idol of 'self'. Everyone is encouraged in nearly every advertisement from McDonalds to Mercedes, to pronounce themselves as king. "Because you're worth it."- L'Oreal, "Have it your way."- Burger King, "I love what you do for me."-Toyota, "Where do you want to go today?" -Microsoft, "Don't dream it. Drive it!"-Jaguar.
SO... how does the church remain relevant, while countering the Babylonian mindset?

No comments:
Post a Comment