On Dec 26th, after surviving the rush of people at Target, trying to score a good deal on some kids' items, we headed out to Foresthill, where Tim and his wife bought a cabin/new home. This was only our 2nd visit up there, and I can tell that we will not be making the 210-mile round trip drive on a more regular basis: once we pulled into the driveway, I jumped out and lost my lunch. That twisty-turney, up-and-down thing is NOT what I call a funand easy drive...
Tim and Ann have cats, which Kayden is allergic to. When I noticed that, after being inside the cabin that they had supposedly cleaned, anticipating our arrival, for 30 minutes, Kayden was covered in cat hair. So I went out to the truck to get the lint roller. And discovered that Kevin's (and mine) keys were locked in the truck. After several failed attempts to "get in", we called AAA and let me tell you, that membership IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! Tim said that he admired that Kevin and I never argued and even laughed about the situation, and that he was impressed that we worked together so well. I wanted to say, "Duh!" but I didn't..
So, long story short: kids had a great time, Kayden came home with watery eyes and sniffles and Justice with a rash on her face. I had a great time, throwing up and dealing with the locked-out scenario. ..sigh.. (insert eye-roll here).
No comments:
Post a Comment