Christmas Eve we went to Aunt Ran's house and spent a little time with the Lauchland clan.We even got to se Grandma Great!
The kids took baths, just like any other regular night, and while getting out of the tub, Justice slipped and slammed her left cheek into the edge of the tub. It was deeply bruised but PRAISE GOD nothing was broken! It cheered her up to check the NORAD website and keep tabs on Santa as he made his way closer to Lodi. The kids left out the cookies that were decorated, for Santa, and some toffee, almost, chocolate candy (which I LOVE) for the reindeer. And milk, of course!
When the children were nestled, all snug in their beds, we "read" (the recordable book, which features Poppy's voice) Night Before Christmas. I layed with them, for a little bit, to make sure Jus was going to be ok, and to continue icing her poor face. Then Kevin and I got started on putting together the "Santa" gifts, and stuffing the stockings, and tucking Charlie safely out of sight until next Christmas. But Charlie did leave a little note for the kids, complete with pictures, and a gift for them to open Christmas morning. He got them a kids' Devotional Bible for Mommy (and Daddy) to read at bed time for 2012!
*I think I forgot to post this picture of Charlie, after we (I mean HE) made the Gingerbread House for the kids on Christmas Eve Eve.
Christmas Morning, Grammy and Bubbo came over (Poppy had to work) to watch the kids open their gifts.
After church we came home and made a nice lunch for some friends, only one of which stopped by. So Ryan and Stephane came over for a little bit. Then we had 'Family Nap Time' and woke up late for Grammy's Christmas dinner! We took our balloons over there, and our tradition continued, this year Rudy wrote on one!
After Poppy came home, we all tore into our gifts. Justice got her new doll which she named StellaLuna (from the book, StellaLuna). So we call her Stella.
Kayden got the Rocking Mickey, which is one of those toys you know the grandma is going to buy because it is noisy and annoying.
I got a new desk and a pair of new TOMS shoes. Kevin got a new truck battery and Madden 12 for XBOX360.
Dad got Mom an iPad! Over all, we all suffered from buying too much and gettign too much. But we all had fun, and kept Christ our focal point.
No comments:
Post a Comment