This has been the busiest week of the year, so far, I
think. It's all been a whirr of activity, and it isn't even over yet!!
Friday the 21st Kevin and I took the kids to Bass Pro Shop for their Halloween festivities. There was a costume parade, a photo booth, and trick-or-treating around the store. The kids came home with a photo, 3 or 4 candies each, and huge smiles! This year they asked to wear their "backup" costumes, so Justice was Wonder Woman and Kayden was Darth Vader. (their "actual" costumes are Alice from Wonderland and Dash from the Incredibles)..
Saturday Kevin and I went to Ryan and Gen La Rue's
wedding. It was a beautiful celebration of the covenant between man, wife, and
God. We particularly liked the foot-washing ceremony.
Congrats again, Mr. and Mrs. La Rue!!
Sunday we got to go to Colin Griffin's creepy-crawly
birthday party, complete with lizards, snakes and all manner of reptiles,
thanks to a local supplier. The kids had fun, even if it gave me the heebie
jeebies.
Sunday also kicked off my training for the CIM relay. I
am completely thrilled to be running again. It's been too long! I'll keep you
updated as to my progress...
Monday the 24th was Justice's 50th day of school! The entire class
got to wear 50's attire and towards the end of the day they had root beer
floats and a sockhop! Kayden even dressed up and joined in the festivities with
us. I think everyone had a blast!
Tuesday was the Kindergarten class field trip to Fog
Willow Farms in Wilton. The kids got to learn about and pet many different
animals, make a hay bale, go on a hay ride, and they also got to pick out a
pumpkin to bring home. I was very glad to go with Justice, but we missed
Kayden, as he was enjoying his very own class!
Wednesday, Kevin got off work early and we took the kids
to the pumpkin patch at Del Osso. I think this was our 4th annual visit. We
always have a lot of fun, and we enjoy seeing each year's new attractions. This
year we let the kids jump on the 'Jumping Pillow' for the first time (it wasn't
busy, so they were by themselves). We shot the pumpkin blasters (everyone's
favorite yearly experince) and we also rode the Del Osso train for the first
time this year (I think it might be a new addition). Justice and Kayden picked
out their pumpkins, and Justice even talked us into a piece of Cookies and
Cream Fudge! All in all, we had an awesome family fun time!
...and now (Thursday the 27th) I am off to Kayden and Justice's parent/teacher confrences.
wish us luck. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment