When last I left you, I was off to parent/teacher conferences. I am happy to report that both of my kids are succeeding in school. Kayden is blossoming socially, and Justice academics are at the top... However, we did learn that she is a little more like Mommy than any of us thought. She is a perfectionist. Meticulous and anal-retentive to a fault. If things do not look perfect on the project or paper that she is working on, she gets emotional, upset, and often on the verge of giving up. Lord, help her. Help me! I know that I am the same way, so it is hard for me to model my mistakes, and sow her that there is life beyond perfection. But, I'm trying...
Saturday October 29th was Bear Creek Church's Harvest Faire, which I served as photographer for. I love taking pictures of all the cute kids in their costumes.
Afterwards, we went to our friends' the Maynard's, and enjoyed fellowship and fun (and good food!) to celebrate the Halloween weekend.
Sunday we wrapped up 'Walk-tober' at Churchnasium. I have enjoyed coming up with routines, praise moves, and pushing people to sweat! The kids and I also went with Kevin down to the range to qualify for SWAT, and as always, he let the kids pop off a few rounds. I don't know who smiles bigger, Kevin, Justice, Kayden, or I...
The kids are always SO proud of their targets!
Monday, of course, was Halloween. Our hours and hours of preparation paid off, as St. Peter Harvest Fair went off successfully! I hosted the bean-bag toss booth for a while, and also decorated the back of my durango for Trunk-or-Treat. Everyone had fun... I did notice that Kayden was looking a little under the weather, and my suspicions were confirmed on Tuesday when he woke up with a fever. He is currently on antibiotics, and Justice is also sick - she came home from school early on Thursday.
Also on Monday night, JUSTICE LOST TOOTH #2!!!!! She was brave and let me pull out the little wiggly thing. Her adult tooth was already poking through the gums, so that baby tooth had to go.
Wednesday was a very VERY exciting day for me, as a parent. It was the awards assembly after Chapel, for 1st QT... Justice was recognized for academic excellence, citizenship, and perfect attendance. Way to go, Justice!!!!!!
This season of business has NOT slowed down, and it shows no signs to. I imagine that I will be running ragged through the end of the year. I was asked to be on the committee for the St. Peter Crab Feed Fundraiser in Feb. and I am heading up the acquisitions for raffle prizes. I have experience from years of doing the same thing for Lodi K9 Trials... I'll keep you updated on my progress...
As November is now upon us, I have been challenged to post (on Facebook) for 30 days what I am thankful for. Here is my current 'list':
30 days of thankfulness: Day 1
I am thankful for modern medicine, and for quick and affordable treatment for my sickie son.
30 days of thankfulness: Day 2
Today I am thankful for God's favor on my family. We are blessed, all around.
To God alone be the glory.
30 days of thankfulness: Day 3. Today I am thankful for my husband- his work ethic, his values, his love, compassion and strength.
*My brother Ryan took this picture of the rainbow yesterday evening, after it had rained. I LOVE it, and after showing it to Justice - who pointed out that the "rainbow is hitting a cross, Mom!" I have an even deeper appreciation of God's supreme Faithfulness.
Today is November 4th:
30 days of thankfulness: Day 4
Today I am thankful for the blessings that my children are. They have molded my spirit and challenged my faith. It is because of them that I rely so deeply on God, and have found my true purpose in His Kingdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment