Thursday, September 15, 2011

...Lessons Learned...

Sometimes, all I can do is just stand in awe of God. Or, rather, be knocked down on my knees, in awe of the Almighty.
Recently, I learned that the Treasure Box program is going to be stopping after the September delivery. While I am relieved, I have to pause to consider the amazing lessons God has taught me through this outreach.
I had prayed a million times that I could be released from the 'burden' I felt Treasure Box to be. I didn't exactly want Treasure Box to come to BCCC.. It wasn't my idea and I didn't solicit WM on behalf of Treasure Box... BUT I accepted responsibility for it, and I owned it.
I believe that Treasure Box was a necessary step in my journey. My pride was rebuked more times than I can ever count. I am humbled by the outpouring of love I have received from those who volunteered with me. I allowed God to renew me, strengthen me, and purify me through Treasure Box. I am convinced that this was His perfect plan, and I am so honored that He would use such a grand scale to mold little ol' me. If I could sit down with you, over coffee, I would show you my poor, tattered journal. I cried out to God on those lined pages, and I received His replies. Page after page about my calling, my pride, and (ugh) Treasure Box. Page after page of replies offering hope, future, and love.
I never understood the true fundamentals of the journey, before now. I mean, I realized them in a logical sense, but never before have I had means to reflect on the necessity of a path I was on, as it pertains to my spirit. My intimate walk with God was there, among the pallets of frozen boxes of food. My heart was broken and healed in these past 6 months. My trials and triumphs were exposed.
I am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in this ministry, in this way, at this time.


Wow, God.
 To feel You move in such mighty ways through outlets that seem so small to the eye is amazing. Thank You, Lord, for always giving me exactly what I need, when I need it.
You are Sovereign.
Abba... You hear the cries of my heart, my deepest longings and desires. You refresh me and renew me daily, as I submit to Your perfect will.
Continue to guide me, Lord. Help me to seek Your face, even as I watch this chapter of my life end.
Fill me with Your hope. Your peace. Your joy.
Guide my next steps, and open the doors for service that You would have me walk through.
Refine me, Lord, as I am sanctified and anointed to do Your works.
I love You, Lord. Yesterday, Today, and Forever...
In Jesus' Holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment