Thursday, September 15, 2011

...Finally Caught up?!...

First of all, I would like to say that I am not completely against cheerleaders, as a populace. I a against ritualistic "dancing" that exploits a woman's sacred body, and barely-there outfits that any high school girl should be ashamed to wear.
That said, I am not one of those moms that pushes her agenda onto her children. Morals and values, yes. Agenda, no. SO, with much reluctance, I signed Justice up to do a cheer clinic through Lodi High. It was a nightmare. I can barely stammer out the complete details without my blood pressure raising to unsafe levels. SO, to spare you all the distressing details, let me just say that 1- inexperienced little girls should NOT be included in lifts by unqualified "lifters", 2- ALL support staff/ cheer advisers/ coaches should be trained in first aid and CPR, and a first aid kit needs to be present at each practice, and 3- when an inexperienced FIVE year-old had a legitimate injury from your cheerleaders DROPPING said five year-old from a lift, show some sympathy. Don't just look at the concerned and upset parent, and say to them, "That's cheerleading."



Now, on to better things:
Justice and Kayden renewed their commitment to Christ through prayer on September 5th.
It was beautifully unscripted, and the words of love, dependence and willingness to follow flowed through their lips like ..... well ..... like the more beautiful thing anyone has ever heard.
It made Kevin and I shed tears of joy and awe at the mighty grace of God.

On September 8, 2011,
my dad, George Lauchland,
turned FIFTY!!




We celebrated in style at Habenero Hots with the Martinez Family. Good food, and excellent fellowship.
Dad, I love you. I am so proud to be your daughter. I look up to you and I am grateful for you.
I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't have you as my earthly father, for whom I am most thankful to my Heavenly Father for.

September 9, Justice's class went on Field Trip #2 to Mickey Grove Zoo!
It was a lot of fun to see the kids interact with eachother without the usual confines of the classroom walls. Kayden and I got to go, and experience everything right along with Justice.
It was a blast, and I am looking forward to the next one (Kahler Dairy).








As September 11th marked the Tenth Anniversary of those gruesome terrorist attacks on American soil, Lodi chose to honor those who's lives wee lost, with a tribute and ceremony on the 10th. Kevin got his first experience as leader of the LPD HG, and we were proud beyond words to be able to go and watch him. The kids were particularly interested in Kevin's uniform, which they had never seen before. "Mommy, why is Daddy wearing that funny hat?" -Justice.
These pictures melted my heart and made me realize that blessings are often looked for in the big things, but found in the small.





No comments:

Post a Comment