...and September is 1/3 over... And I am left wondering how time has escaped me...
To catch you all up on ALL the comings and goings of the Kent clan, I'm going to be brief, and use multiple posts. So please bare with me and I'll do my best to keep it simple so you aren't as dizzy and confused by the whirlwind of activity as I am.
No one ever told me that my life would get BUSIER once the kids were in school, and if they did, I didn't listen. Lesson learned.
August was probably one of the busiest months that I have ever had, since becoming a wife and mom. Seriously.
I am struggling, even now, to pinpoint a place to start updating you. I left off after the 3rd.
August 4th I saw Dr Gill for my "infection" - which just turned out to be a suture stuck in my healing incision, that had to be CUT OUT (with no numbing agent! - I'm savage. lol)
August 6th we were blessed to celebrate and fellowship with our fellow Evening Service volunteers for the 1-Year anniversary (in Oct) of Pastor Bobby's service. It was really fun to get to chat and bond with people outside of the church building... But we had to leave early because Kevin had to work.
Sunday August 7th, my good friend Jennifer Griffin was baptized! Praise the Lord! It was a really awesome experience, and I am proud of her. Way to go, Jenn!
Monday the 8th, Kevin and Sgt Jacobson brought out their Patrol vehicles to St. Peter for Justice's Kindergarten class to check out. They talked to the kids about 911 and emergencies, and also about stranger anger. Here are a couple pictures from the day:
The very next day, Tuesday, Kevin and I did a K9 demo for Justice's class. It was fun, and the kids seemed to REALLY enjoy playing with / watching the dog. I'm sure Bronx was happy to get the activity, and I know that it reminded me of just how fun K9 was. I don't know if I "miss" it, but it is nice to look back and actually remember the good times.
The Willow Creek Association Global Leadership Summit was August 11-12, and Bear Creek Church was one of the satellite locations. I was blessed to volunteer during this event, and also glean from some of the dynamic speakers!
Thursday the 11th was the back-to-school-night / ice-cream social for St. Peter. I was (unofficially) names the PTL Secretary. WOW! Way to jump in, huh?
Kevin and I realized that August 17th marked the 7-year point of our relationship. Of course, the day flew by without fanfare, but I think that it is worth mentioning that this was the first time we "forgot" to celebrate it. We ALWAYS go to Stings for dinner on the 17th of August, since in 2004 that was where we went for our first date. It is great to take the kids, and share with them some of our memories. I think I need to plan a "date" for us, soon! I definitely missed it this year - even if no one else did.
August 19th, Kayden and I got to go with Justice on her first field trip! We walked to Lodi Fire Station #4 and got to check out the inner-workings of Fire Fighter life in the station.
The kids loved it, and got even more excited (if that is possible!) when they were allowed to climb in the Fire Engine! Kayden was included in most of the activity, and I really believe this was the final push he needed to get out of those pull-ups! (more on that later)...
Here are some pictures from Field Trip #1:
Saturday, August 20th is a day that I will not soon forget. Kayden Noah put on big boy chonies, and has NOT looked back! He is officially a big boy. We are on week 3 and have had only one (yes, ONE) accident. I am SO proud of my boy. I spent a grand total of (drum roll).....
1,955 Days -- or -- 279 Weeks and 2 Days.... That is over 5 years!!!!!...
changing diapers / pull-ups.
I feel liberated! Anyway, congrats to my boy!
Just two shot days later, I was again reminded that my children are growing at an increasingly rapid pace: Justice lost her first tooth!! She was super excited, and the tooth fairy was exceedingly generous: a $2 gift certificate to Baskin Robbins for a scoop of ice cream, a dollar, and two chocolate tokens. She is such a big girl, and has such a giving heart - she gave one of her chocolate tokens to her brother!
Stay tuned for more recent events!



No comments:
Post a Comment