For the sake of transparency, I wanted everyone to know that #1 yes, I did have a hysterectomy and #2 no, I am not the typical "patient".
I was blessed to have a LAVH with RO on June 30, 2011.
There were not many complications, except that my bladder was stuck to my uterus, and there was some trauma during the separation. The Dr. decided to keep the catheter in for nearly a week, to make sure that everything ends up healthy. So I currently don't have to leave the couch to pee. Lovely picture, right? Well, the feeling is mutual.
I am already up and around much more than I should be, and overworking myself, much to the chagrin of my husband. But God is good, and I am learning how to ask for help. This is new and difficult terrain for me, because I RARELY ask for help. I was raised to be independent and self-sufficient.
SO, for my friends that are reading this: I haven't called to ask for meals because it's hard for me.
Thank you for your patience and love, for your grace and prayers.
 |
| Ready to get the show on the road! |
 |
| With Kevin before surgery |
 |
| Gotta love my HOC family and their thoughtfulness! This made recovery SO much better. |
 |
| Finally in my own room after an almost 4-hour surgery and 2-hour wait in Recovery. |
 |
| I told you it was gross: here is my Uterus, Cervix, and right Ovary |
 |
| My belly-button has been pretty beat up these past couple years, with 3 surgeries. It looks bad, but it's already almost healed! |
 |
| Crusin the hospital hallways. I was discharged just a mere 22 hours after my hysterectomy. I love my Doctor, she 'gets' me! |
No comments:
Post a Comment