On Friday (7/15/11), we had the opportunity to steal some time from the schedule, and pour our attention on our family, while taking a day trip to a place that the kids have never been.
We went to Columbia State Park, and we had a fabulous time. We tootled around the quiet, dusty streets and watched as docents reflected life in the "olden days" of Califonia's gold rush history.
We took a ride in a Stagecoach and got "held up" by a masked villian. We walked around the cemetary and saw gravestones older than we imagined. We drank Sasparillas.
Then we went to Moaning Cavern and experienced God's creation in a whole new way. It was amazing. When I was an absent-minded youth, this kind of thing was boring. Just something to do. Now, as I look through these blue eyes at all life's experiences, I am blessed with new vision. I experience God at new depths of my soul. I love more. I am thankful.
Here are a few pictures from our adventure:
 |
| Here we are! |
 |
| My girl. |
 |
| My boy |
 |
| My favorite pic from the day. |
 |
| "Daddy, ase there real bad guys in there?" |
 |
| Sasparillas |
 |
| "Look, Mom! It's my name!" |
 |
| Falshbacks from ...... 20 years ago! |
 |
| cave percussion! |
 |
| I thought that this formation was pretty cool. |
 |
| I have a colorful nickname for this particular formation. But let's just call her the "lady of the cave" |
 |
| 232 steps down......then up. Thank God my body held up to the abuse! |
 |
| Kayd enjoyed some ice cream after all that exploring. |
No comments:
Post a Comment