Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A busy Weekend

This weekend/weekend has been soooo busy! Following Wednesday/Thursday SWAT and K9 ops/callouts, we thought we would be in for a quiet weekend. Ha! Think again.... Friday Kevin went to work as usual, after K9 training. He (Praise the Lord) got off a little early, so he could get some sleep before Justice's soccer game.

Justice was completely miserable, and didnt want to play at all. She did, for a minute or ten, then just wanted to sit on my lap.

She had been battling high fevers since Fri evening. Saturday evening landed us in the ER, where the doc confirmed that Justice has a double ear infection. Her very first, ever. Which is weird, according to the Doc, because of her history with allergies.

The 4 of us in the ER, waiting...
So, they perscribed her Azithromiason and sent us on our way. Once we got the medicine in her, she immediately threw up. Not uncommon for her, so we thought nothing of it. Again, we thought wrong. Justice woke up Sun morning with a rash all over. We went to church anyways, and it wasn't long before they paged me to come get her. She didnt even want to play with the other kids, she just wanted to sit on my lap. During prayer time, Kevin and I took her up to be prayed over.
Sunday afternoon, I called the pharmacist and the ER again, and they switched her perscription to a sulfa drug. Thank God, by Monday morning, she was basically back to normal. Whew!
Monday we spent time outside, and cleaning out the garage.



Here are the kids petting a chick at Robinsons, when we went to get dog food for Bronx.
Monday night I got a special treat, a date night. I cannot tell you how long it has been! Kevin took me to Lodi Lake, to scout out some good spots for me to take our family pictures, and watch the sunset. It was so nice. Then we went to dinner at ShangriLa.







Today we are doing yard work, and more cleaning out the garage. Fun. (not)...


Kevin and I bought the kids new piggy banks, and I decided that we could decorate them today. Here is phase 1: 2010 handprints. I think that it would be cool to do a new hand print every year, in a different color.
During quiet time today, we watched the Princess and the Frog. Cute movie. Good thing Jus' birthday is coming up, it gives me a good reason to go buy it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment