"Going Forward"... That will be my 2011 theme.
I haven't updated this blog in months, and the thought of catching you all up on everything that has gone on seems too daunting an undertaking. So let us move forward, sharing new adventures and new insights of Christian life together.
Thus far, January hasn't proven any less busy than another month of any other year. We hosted our very first (albeit small) New Years Eve BBQ/party. It was such a blessing to ring in the new year with the people that mean the most to me. My husband, naturally, and my parents, my brother, and the best friends we could have ever been blessed with: David and Jennifer Griffin. As midnight struck without much fanfare, I was reminded that life is not about fanfare. It is about the great moments that turn into unforgettable memories.
January 1, 2011 marked the beginning of my season of fasting. This year different from the last, as each year seems to be. I have only completed 3 days of liquid-only fasting. The remaining 18 days of this 21 day exercise in faith will be reminiscent of Daniel in Babylon. Just humble vegetables.
January 3rd was a very busy day. Justice went back to school. We are so blessed by Mrs. Bronwyn and Mrs. Gail, and the entire staff at St. Peter's. I couldn't imagine sending my younglings off to learn in a better place! I also had my long-awaited consultation with Dr. Hickox... wow. Where do I start with all that?! The powers that be in the health care system decided that "27" is the magical age that women who have serious conditions like Endometriosis can have full hysterectomies. Lovely. Being that I am only 26, I have to undergo another laparoscopy before they will consider me a candidate. I am praying that I can schedule it after my next half marathon, the Shamrockin' Half, in March. After the phlebotomist drained all the blood in my veins for 6 panels and 8 vials, I was treated to some much-needed mommy-time and good conversation with my friend Brenda. What a blessing she is! We are alike in many ways, and see life from many of the same angles, it was great to chat and have time without the kids.
Monday also marked the beginning of training for the Shamrockin'. My beautiful and non-sweaty running partner Jennifer Griffin inspires me. She never complains and always (trust me, even at mile 10) has a smile on her face. We have been running for months together. Nearly a year. Through a 5k and two half marathons, she has become like a sister to me. I can talk to her about anything! Last night we only ran 3 (almost) miles, but without any solid foods in my system, it was a challenge to push past the cramps.
Tonight we ran another (almost) 3 miles. Since I am on day 3 of my fast, it was easier to push past the hunger pangs and rely solely on God to help me finish. We both ran a lot better than we did yesterday. I am blessed with a great friend and running partner. I know that I would NOT be running at all if it weren't for her encouragement.
So as these first days began to tick away, the way these days seem to do, I find myself wanting more and more to forge a path. To make this life stand out, as a life lived for Christ.
I cannot wait to get into another Bible study with my Tuesday morning ladies, and pick their brains about motherhood, wifedom, and life. They are each very dear to me.
I promise that this won't be the last you hear from me. I'm on a quest to prove that Christian life doesn't equal boring or easy life.
Join me for the ride?
No comments:
Post a Comment