Saturday, September 26, 2015

...My "7" Journey...Part 1...

I havent wanted to draw a lot of attention to what I have been doing lately. But now that the first 30 days is just about over, I can share a little.
I was bit by the "7" bug. A revolution on the way we think, how big our faith is, and really, how we see the world. Not just the world around us, but the global community. Not just the circle of Church, but I mean the entire globe of people - and climate. 
"7. An Experimental Mutiney On Excess" is a book by Jen Hatmaker, which detalis the process God took her through to soften her heart to the global community. Through each month, for 7 months, God showed her the plight of people, and asked her to experience just a portion of their suffering. And their dependance on God. 
It was enlightening, and dare I say fun to read Jen's journey. It was inspiring. And my own adventure was born...
September 1, I - along with my trusty council - embarked on a food cleanse of sorts. Some of us gave up 7 foods or groups of foods. Some of us lived only on 7 foods. And this girl right here took it to a whole 'nother level and tried out the Whole 30. I gave up all legumes, sugar, starches, grains, processed foods, soda, blended coffee, etc. 9 pounds later, I am glad that I did.  I mean, I'm just a few days out of closing this chapter, but, I'm glad. My eyes were less opened to the world and the plight of hungry children, but opened to my own dependance on fake food, fillers, packaged, processed, injected and imported FAKE FOOD. I don't think that this will be my last encounter with the Whole 30. I enjoy being active, and this challenge made me feel healthy. Let's be honest, the loss of nasty pounds of fat was a really good incentive to revisit my entire thought process about what I stick in my mouth.  Am I willing to forever live Paleo extreme with no ice cream? Um...NO. Am I willing to spend the extra time to meal prep, and shop for real, organic food for my family? YES. 
I also experienced some spiritual side effects. Deeper and more meaningful prayer, dependance on God through sugar cravings, and temptaions. 
I have also seen God move on my behalf, drawing me closer to a community of women, that I have prayed for, for YEARS. Yes, you read that right. God is now, through this "7" adventure, answering a prayer request that has been ongoing for years. As I use this process to draw near to God, He is drawing me near to Him, showing me His heart, and giving me a community of sisters, who are also drawing nearer the heart of the Savior. 
Imagine that - a Bible promise coming true! What an amazing thought! What an absolutley incredible God! 
I can't gaurentee that I will update this blog frequently, but I will document this journey.
Thanks for following along.
xo
~Julie~

No comments:

Post a Comment