Today I celebrate 5 years of wedded adventure. Not "bliss" in any sense of the word. Adventure seems to sum up what this half-decade has been about. God has blessed us as we choose to honor Him every day, in so many ways. None so obvious as our two beautiful children, Justice Nicole and Kayden Noah.
I don't think that there is anything more meaningful I could give to Kevin, than time spent in prayer. So I offer this prayer, may it be sweet incense in the Throne Room of the Almighty Father.
Gracious Heavenly Father, Creator of Life, I thank you for this day. I will rejoice in it, and praise You for Your infinite wisdom. You are the Orchestrator of time. I thank You, Lord, for being the Captain of our ship. I am so glad that Your ways are higher than our ways!
Today, Lord, I thank you for the gift of love. You are Love, and every person that we are capable of loving is because of Your love for us. I thank You that You brought Kevin into my life, and have set a path before us to honor You in this covenant called marriage. My prayer today, merciful Father, is that You would continue to mold me into the servant You want me to be. I believe Your promises, and Your Word tells me that when I serve my husband, and when I honor him, I am serving and honoring You. I never want to lose sight of You in this marriage, Lord. I pray that You would continue to bless us as we serve You. May we never lose sight of how far You have brought us.
I lay Kevin on Your altar, God. I pray a fortress of protection around him while he is at work and at home, and every where in between. I pray that You would protect his mind, his eyes and his heart. May his gun never fail him, and may his equipment continue to work in perfect order, as it pleases You. I know that You have plans to prosper us, Lord. And I pray that You would prosper Kevin at his workplace. May every person that Kevin comes into contact with see the Light in him. Let Kevin be a beacon for You in the desolate places he is while on duty. God, raise him up a leader at that department, that those around him would recognize Your mighty hand. Bless him, Lord, that he will magnify Your name! In Jesus merciful, saving name I pray, Amen.
Kevin, I love you. You truly are my best friend. Thanks for loving my despite myself, and for showing me what the love of Jesus is all about. In case I don't say it enough, I am proud of you. In so many ways, you have chosen to honor God and dethrone the world's standards. You are a good man, a great friend, an awesome partner/husband, and the best dad. I am honored to bear your last name. I treasure all the memories we have made, and I pray God will continue to bless us with opportunities to make new ones. It seems hard to believe that it has only been 5 years ago we said "I do". So much has happened - having two kids, health issues, family drama (enough for twelve families!), work drama, and all the little ins-and-outs of daily living that have knit our hearts together so tightly, I don't remember life without you!
I appreciate you.
143, Jewels.
Here are some pictures from our official wedding on April 1, 2006





What a beautiful heartfelt prayer, Julie. I enjoy your posts. :) Congrats on 5 years of marriage!
ReplyDelete