Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year's End

I cannot believe that the first decade of the 2000’s will come to a close in a few short hours. Wow! I can’t really say “where has the time gone?” because I can remember vividly the events that have made this the most important decade of my entire life (marriage, babies, etc..)


2009 has been a year of turbulent ups and downs for the Kent family. There were some really high points, like going on our Grand Canyon adventure, as well as our trek north. The kids are perpetually learning and Kevin and I have grown closer as partners in love for life. This year has also had the lowest of the lows, with Kevin’s mother’s trial and sentencing, and my own brother’s suicide attempts.

I can say for sure that I am glad that the ‘2009’ chapter is coming to a close. I can only pray that 2010 holds for us all the blessings that come with being a family who serves Christ and keeps Him the center of their lives.

For the first 21 days of the New Year, Kevin and I have made a commitment to God and self, to fast and pray. Kevin will be joining numerous members of the church on a “Daniel” (fruits, nuts and veggies only) fast for 3 weeks, and I will be doing a “normal” (liquid-only) fast for the same amount of time. Though there are numerous reasons to fast, and there is biblically sound evidence that fasting, praying, and giving are the 3 principles Christians should adhere to (check out Matthew 6), this fast in particular is deeply significant to me. First of all, it is my very first attempt at a 21-day fast. (Whew! – Pray for me!) And secondly, I am hoping that God will use the opportunity to help me release all of the negative and bitter feelings that I have let control my emotions recently. I will be doing my absolute best to keep you informed of my progress. Although I can say that I have ‘cheated’ a little already, allowing myself to have coffee and tea during this time. Due to health reasons, and because of my medications, I have to take in a supplement like protein shakes or broths also. If I attempt this fast without them, and continue to take my hormones as usual, I will most assuredly end up in the hospital, dehydrated. So thanks, to Dr. Hickox for reminding me of that one little detail. Lol…..

I hope that you all have a safe and happy end-of-the-year celebration. May the Light of the Lord continue to shine!

See ya next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment