Starting January 1, 2010 the new International Law Enforcement Family Support Association website will be up and running!
The two most awesome friends a girl could have are the masterminds (to be fair, one is more mastermind than the other. It's Erica's baby). I am so blessed to be able to be a moderator.
**********************************************************************
Here is my bio, for those of you who arent connected to the current AH site:
"My name is Julie and I am so excited about ILEFSA and the opportunity to support this organization. You’ll see me on the board as SwatWifey.
Although I may be young, I come with a lot of experience. I was a police cadet with our department for years, before quitting so I could date ‘the man’. I’ve known him since he was in the police academy (2001). I was actually in the police academy when we found out I was pregnant, so I dropped out to be a wifey and SAHM. We have two children, a girl and a boy, (almost) 4 and (almost) 2.
My husband is very goal-driven, and is a member of the SWAT team, Honor Guard, and K9 unit. (Bronx, the 5 year old Belgian Malinious/partner is the biggest pain in the butt of them all!) He is a Defensive Tactic/Weaponless Defense instructor and Cadet Advisor, and serves on various other committees within the department. He also likes to work nights, which is an adventure in itself.
We have traveled through the spectrum of emotions together, from devastation (losing a k9 partner, a baby, and being passed up for promotions) to elation (getting married, having 2 babies, getting a Life Saver award, being assigned to SWAT, K9, Honor Guard, and practically everything else.) Trust me when I say, I can relate to you!
I don’t care what anyone says, there is much hardship in a police marriage. What people on the outside just don’t understand is that the life isn’t all glamour and peace. It takes a lot to keep a police marriage going, and I believe that every woman needs a support structure. I am hoping that ILEFSA can be that support for you, a place full of women who know, like you, what it’s like to be married to ‘the man’.
So sit down and pull up a keyboard. Come chat awhile. We can’t wait to meet you!"
**********************************************************************
I would like to invite everyone to come to the forum, and join in the fun. I can personally vouch for these ladies, and I can assure you that the site has the most updated security system in place, and the women that are connected to the site are all verified wives/gfs of current Law Enforcement Officers.
Due to all the recent ambushes, attacks and executions of police officers, I believe that everyone who loves a LEO should have a support system. Through this site, I have laughed, loved, and grieved along with women in the same position as me. It has been an enriching experince, one I hope you would enjoy too.
So come stop by and say hello!!
No comments:
Post a Comment